Thinktrain has moved! Redirecting…


You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://thinktrain.net/ and update your bookmarks.


Sunday, October 22, 2006

Weather, or not


I totally agree that weather teasers by local TV networks are annoying. (That link is worth it for the Fozzie the Bear image alone.) So is the introductory weather brief on many newscasts. That's the one at the very beginning when the meterologist says "Are we in for a blizzard? Your full forecast is just ahead," and then makes you wait until 12 to 15 minutes into the newscast to tell you what's going to happen.

I opt for the Weather Channel instead, as I think any Jeep Wrangler owner is wise to do. (It's bailed me out of many a messy day with the top down.) Plus, is it just me, or is the Weather Channel forecast generally more accurate than the local news? Why is that? You would think it would be just the opposite.

No comments: