Thinktrain has moved! Redirecting…


You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://thinktrain.net/ and update your bookmarks.


Saturday, November 04, 2006

Baby billboards


I spotted this window display of baby T-shirts while walking around in Gatlinburg today.

I know these shirts are intended to be cute and lighthearted, but they struck me as just too much. I respect anyone's freedom to hold their own beliefs, but making a religious billboard out of a baby rubs me the wrong way. Isn't the choice of whether to believe--or advertise--ultimately up to the child (or shouldn't it be eventually?)?

Plus, is there nothing about Christianity that can't be bought or sold in America? I guess I'm not truly offended by this, but it sure seems tacky.

Oh yeah, I'm in Gatlinburg.

No comments: