Thinktrain has moved! Redirecting…


You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://thinktrain.net/ and update your bookmarks.


Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Sad news for Franklin Cinema


Franklin Cinema is scheduled to close at the end of this month, though there is a small chance it could still survive. I'm sad to see this beloved neighborhood cinema go, and I'll confess that I'm as guilty as the rest of us out there for neglecting it. I've only been to a movie there a few times, and I've opted for closer and fancier multiplexes instead.

“I really think that there’s not enough traffic to justify it operating as a cinema. It is very nostalgic, very heart-warming, everyone has stories from the Franklin Cinema, but what has happened is that the Cool Springs multiplexes have drawn most of the business from downtown Franklin. It just can’t compete with the digital, Dolby multi-screens playing 12 of the 15 latest movies,” [property owner Mark] Bloom said.
Unfortunately, I think Bloom is right.

No comments: