Thinktrain has moved! Redirecting…


You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://thinktrain.net/ and update your bookmarks.


Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Good advices

A coworker recently sent me twelve points of advice from Al Golin, the chairman of GolinHarris International and a pioneer in the public relations industry. Mr. Golin's list makes for thought-provoking reading for anyone who goes to work each day, not just for people in the media and communications world. Here are a pair of quotes Golin selected that I really enjoyed along with my thoughts on his list. Be sure to check out the whole article for all the details.

  • President John F. Kennedy: "The time to fix a roof is when the sun is shining."
  • British author G.K. Chesterton: "I've searched all the parks in all the cities and never saw a statue of a committee."
I feel like these quotes represent a lot of what Golin wanted to share. Taking personal responsibility and continuing to make a sincere and diligent effort to face challenges are rewarding and effective choices to make on a consistent basis. Golin's list seems to boil down to the following: Keep moving and keep trying. Be honest and earn trust. Don't boast."

I think that's great advice, so I thought I'd share it. My title above alludes to a favorite R.E.M. song of mine, Good Advices, from Fables of the Reconstruction.

No comments: