Thinktrain has moved! Redirecting…


You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://thinktrain.net/ and update your bookmarks.


Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Franklin cinema update


The Tennessean is reporting the following encouraging news this morning via its Web site:

Franklin Mayor Tom Miller says he is acting as a facilitator to bring together two potential financial backers who may buy or lease the 70-year-old, two-screen Franklin Cinema.
This is wonderful news for a beloved and historic venue scheduled to close permanently this Sunday night (Jan. 7). Mayor Miller says he is "guardedly optimistic," and I hope that his efforts are fruitful.

I've previously written about the Franklin Cinema's fate and acknowledged that I haven't done much to support it in the past. If it survives, I plan on seeing movies there more often. I'm pulling for you, Franklin Cinema! [Image: thefuntimesguide.com]

No comments: